Monday, January 5, 2015

30 Painting in 30 Days - Day 5


Thinking of Springtime when I painted this little scene. My husband and I went to some local botanical gardens the other day and they were closed because of being really muddy from some recent rains.So I tracked up behind the gardens and took some photos of this oak tree sitting on the hilltop above. The real scene was grey and there were no flowers but I decided to use my artistic licence and add them! I am learning to use that licence more and more and just use my photo reference as a jumping off point and paint the scene how I want it and not necessarily how it is.

1 comment:

  1. Perfect and I'm so glad you added all that lovely color. Really fun finding this on the 30in30, I'm at number 10 today. Peace n abundance,
    CheyAnne
    www.newmexicomtngirl.com

    ReplyDelete