Saturday, January 3, 2015

30 Paintings in 30 Day - Day 4

"Carpenteria Sand Dunes"  5" x 7" Pastel on Paper

On New Years Day my husband and I went for a drive to Santa Barbara. I of course took my camera to collect some photo references for paintings. We took a walk in a big park with a lake and I got lots of wonderful photos it was a beautiful day. On our way back we stopped in a beach side town called Carpenteria and we ate at a little burger joint and then took a walk down to the beach. I found these wonderful sand dunes with that broken down fencing and new I wanted to paint that scene! 
I am finding this challenge is taking a lot more of my time than I thought it would. It seems to be all consuming some days and it's only day four! I am going to try and limit my time I spend on a painting to an hour but don't know how that is going to work.....but I can try.....two hours the max!
I am Linking this up to Leslie Saetas website where you can view all the other wonderful art that others are making during this challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful colors! I love seeing your art and your studio....it's always fun to see where everyone creates. Good luck on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete