Wednesday, January 14, 2015

30 Paintings in 30 Days - Day 14


Something a little more dramatic for day 14 of my 30 in 30 with Leslie Saeta. Sometimes before I start a painting I take my photo reference and put it into photoshop to change or enhance the colors and contrast. I did that with the photo reference for this painting, instead of blue skies and cream colored  clouds, I turned it into a bold red and green palette. Photoshop is a great tool for artists, when wanting to increase value or remove something from your photo reference that you don't want to include in the painting. You can also turn your photo into a black and white which give you a better since of the value structure.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sherri, Beautiful composition!! this thumbnail stood out among many others on Leslie's blog!! BTW I live in Southern CA too!!!

    ReplyDelete