Thursday, January 15, 2015

30 Paintings in 30 Days - Day 15


Yeah! Day 15 and half way through the challenge of 30 paintings in 30 days! It is getting easier and little less stressful now, thank goodness! I never know what I am going to paint until I arrive in my studio for the day, but an idea usually comes to me. This challenge is helping me to fight that old resistant feeling I get when know I should start painting, it's all about fear and this is challenging that fear. I am commited to paint every day and I push through those feelings of fear and am amazed at what I can do when I thought I had no ideas at all! I would recommend this challenge to anyone that is in a slump or needs motivation it really does help to commit yourself to a painting a day, it helps build habit and a realization that you don't have to wait until you are in the mood to pick up that pastel or paint brush, you just do it!

4 comments: