Saturday, January 24, 2015

30 Paintings in 30 Days - Day 24


This is one of my favorite trees to paint. It is in Santa Barbara, California near the UCSB campus. It reflects beautifully in the still waters of the lagoon, a favorite of many artists in the area. I live less than an hour away and it is a beautiful drive up the coast to get there.
This is the third time I have taken part in the 30 Paintings in 30 Days with Leslie Saeta and I feel it is my most successful one. I have limited myself this time to just pastels unlike the last two times where I did oils, acrylics and collage. Focusing on the pastels have helped me build up an inventory of smaller works and has also helped me realize how advantageous it is to focus on one thing. I tend to get distracted by all the wonderful art materials out there but this year is going to be about my work in pastels. I will be working on some larger pieces after the challenge but thinking about continuing on with the daily painting, it has been daunting but I have experienced a lot of satisfaction at the same time. Happy painting everyone and only 6 more paintings to go!

1 comment:

  1. Sherri, Love your technique and colors! Yes it was better for me too this time since I limited myself to only 6x6 and had thought of a theme. Otherwise I was all over the place! And now only 4 more to go! I may not be able to finish a painting daily due to limited time, but I will definately paint daily and looking forward to doing some bigger pieces as well.

    ReplyDelete