Thursday, January 1, 2015

30 Paintings in 30 Days - Day 1

"Still Waters"  5" x 7" Pastel on Paper


I am excited to be posting my first pastel of the Leslie Saeta 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge! My theme will be pastels on paper. This little piece was done on Sennelier LaCarte paper, I love the fine sandpaper texture of this surface, it is definitely one of my favorite pastel papers. On this painting I used mostly Blue Earth, Unison and Mount Vision pastels.
I will be posting all my paintings for the month of January on my blog and writing a little bit about what paper I used, pastels or my inspiration for the art.

5 comments:

  1. This is what I love about the Challenge! I get to see amazing work like yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan! Same goes back to you!!

      Delete
  2. Very nice use of the pastel medium.

    ReplyDelete