Sunday, February 22, 2015

Springtime Melody - Abstracted Landscape

Springtime Melody, 24" x 24" acrylic on cradled board

I have the need to paint bigger now, especially after doing so many little 5" x 7" pastels for my 30 in 30 challenge. I also wanted to try my hand at a semi-abstracted landscape. This was done with acrylic on a board that I textured with acrylic paste and papers. The bright blue was suppose to represent a mountain range at first but it actually reminds me of a beautiful blue ocean! This is a direction I would like to pursue more while still doing more of my traditional landscapes, it feels very freeing to work with the paint in a more abstracted manner. I love to create the feeling of the landscape whether it's abstracted or more representational it constantly inspires me!

No comments:

Post a Comment