Tuesday, May 5, 2015

California Poppies

"Abundant Poppies" 5" x 7" pastel on paper
Click here to buy

These little poppies where inspired by a trip I took to the Santa Barbara Botanical Gardens where the poppies are in their full glory! My wonderful husband took me there last week for a photo opportunity and I took many photos only to return home and because I did not format my camera card I lost most my photos! That has happened to me before but I guess I did not learn my lesson but will remember to format the card from now on. 
These poppies where done totally by memory and I am really pleased with how they turned out. I am beginning to paint more and more from my heart and memories than using photo references. Not that using photo references are bad and I am sure I will use them along but this is something new for me and very freeing as an artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment