Sunday, July 19, 2015

Inspiring Skies Today

"Prairie Sky" 24" x 24" Acrylic on Canvas

We have been having some unusual weather here in California. It is July and we have had heavy down pours of rain plus lightning and thunder! Today was quiet but there where beautiful cumulus clouds hanging out over the mountains and there is suppose to be more rain to come. It was the perfect day to finish this painting of a prairie with beautiful clouds passing over the plains.
I started this with icing the canvas with lots of texture paste, I love texture! Then when it had dried I just jumped in and started splashing paint on the canvas. One reason I love painting skies so much is how abstract in nature they are. I can get dramatic as I want! 
I just looked out my window and the dark clouds are coming in to bring more rain. I must get my camera out tomorrow and hopefully photograph more inspiring clouds!

No comments:

Post a Comment