Monday, July 27, 2015

My First Student

Billowy Clouds - 9" x 12" Pastel on Paper

This pastel was a demonstration for a student of mine, actually my very first student! It has taken me a very long time but I have finally stepped into the world of teaching! I have been very hesitant and down right scared to start teaching. I have a book full of people that have left their contact numbers because they are interested in lessons but I have never responded. Then one day I got a message through my website from a very nice lady that was interested in lessons and wondered if I gave them or if I could recommend somebody. The old me would have very quickly recommended somebody else but for some reason I said to myself, just do it! Well! It has been a great experience, my student is happy and I am enjoying helping and watching  her learn.  I don't know how long it will take me to add student number two or if I even will but I am so glad I pushed through my fear of teaching. It is a great experience and you do learn from your students, they really push you to be your best. So all in all I believe that becoming a teacher and passing down your knowledge is definitely a win-win situation and I would recommend it to anyone thinking about teaching. Oh, and it wasn't as scary as I had built it up in my mind to be.....at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment