Monday, August 3, 2015

Palette Knife and Yellow Mustard

Blooming Mustard, Oil on Board 6x6"

This is my first palette knife painting and I must say I really enjoyed the process!  I used water-soluble oils because I want to stay away from harsh solvents. I decided to use a palette knife because the water-soluble oils where a little sticky and they didn't seem to go on to the board very smoothly. The palette knife worked great and seemed pretty easy to handle for me. The next thing was to see how long it would take this baby to dry! I am a pastel artist and have worked with acrylics also and am spoiled to the fact that I don't have to wait for them to dry. It took exactly one week for this little 6x6" to dry, so I think I can work up the patience to wait that long, I just have to wait a week to make them available for purchase.
I am excited to get started on my next oil painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment