Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Persimmon and Gladiolus

watercolor journal

Working in my journal lately with watercolor. Watercolor was the first medium I studied and I seem to be going full circle. It is calling me again! I love the transparency you can achieve and just how clean and simple it is with not a lot of messy clean up.
My daughter brought home a bag of persimmons a friend had given her and knew I just had to paint them! I have also been playing with adding a little ink to my watercolors. I just used a sharpie fine point for the persimmons.
Next I painted the gladiolus, that is the flower for my birth month of August. I used a Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Pen XS to add some details.  
I used a set of watercolors that I have had for years and they worked beautifully, I am amazed at how long they last. I do know what is going to be on my Christmas list this year and that of course is a few more watercolors to add to my "vintage collection".

watercolor journal

No comments:

Post a Comment