Thursday, December 31, 2015

Day One of Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days

6x6" Acrylic and Ink on Masonite board.

Decided at the last minute to join in on the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge with Leslie Saeta. I decided to jump in and do it because I missed the last one in September because I was taking care of my Mom who had open heart surgery. I am happy to say she is doing well now and I am thanking God for that.  
This is my 4th time to participate in this challenge and each time I like to focus on something different, so this time I am going to do abstracts! I am looking forward to getting back into a routine of painting again.
I went to Michael's today and picked up a tube of  Liquitex Heavy Body paint in Bright Aqua Green, anything in the blue-green turquoise family of colors I just love. The warm red, orange and yellow color is Nova paints that I have in jars. 
I am looking forward to seeing all the wonderful art that will be produced by all the artists participating in this challenge!

5 comments:

  1. Sherri - I love this painting! I'm so happy to have found you and your work. I look forward to following along through the month.
    -Connie
    http://cagleyart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice start!!! I'm also going abstracts!! Let's see what is going to happen!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are my favorite colors- I love this! Thanks for stopping by my blog, Sherri- I'll be watching for more of these gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete