Sunday, January 10, 2016

Circling Together - Day Ten

"Circling Together" 8x10" acrylic mixed media on paper

I gessoed some watercolor paper for today's challenge and painted with acrylic paints and a little collage. Did some deconstructing and reconstructing for the texture by tearing collage off that I had glued on. I thought at one point I had totally destroyed it but I kept going and it turned out to be one of my favorites so far. I liked using the gessoed watercolor paper, the paint glided on it really well and it held up pretty well to the abuse I gave it.

4 comments:

  1. I love the colors and the movement in this piece Sherri - the black accents really finish this painting and gives it another dimension. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the whole series so far. I gave myself the same theme for the challenge so I'm really excited to see how you are tavkling it. I love your color combinations and your use of lines. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Sherri - I love this!
    - Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your process :)

    ReplyDelete