Friday, January 22, 2016

Skyscape for Day 22!

8x8" pastel on paper
My husband and I both had the day off so we drove to this little beach town close to where we live and ate at this tiny burger stand near the beach. They have the best burgers and fries!  We did make a detour to Barnes and Nobles before going home and I spent about an hour in the art section. I love the bookstore and that section is the first one I go to! Then it was home after that to start on my painting for the day.
This was done on Pastelmat again with a watercolor underpainting. I let the watercolor peek through just a little bit in places. I also added just a little more texture to the pastel paper by putting on some clear gesso over the watercolor after it had dried.

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful! I love everything about it, but I am drawn to the bit of light at the base of the hill, as well as the light on the landscape. Wonderful sky :)

    ReplyDelete