Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Day Six of Thirty Painting in Thirty Days

6x6" mixed media on board

It rained hard yesterday but we need it here in Southern California. It was nice working on this piece while listening to rain fall on the roof. 

I love texture and had a lot of fun creating it in this piece. I used the corner of a metal ruler to get the scratches on the bottom and for the grey and white marble effect I painted deli paper and collaged it on. The circle was created by a paper towel tube and then I used india ink to add to it.

I am getting excited already about turning these little 6x6" studies into larger pieces after the challenge is over. My local Aaron Brothers is having their annual January sale on canvases so I just might have to go over their and stock up on a few!

No comments:

Post a Comment