Thursday, March 17, 2016

Wildflower Inspiration

14x18" pastel on paper

Went to a local wild park last week that overlooks the ocean and a seal sanctuary. The wildflowers were so beautiful, I could hardly wait to set up my easel and get started painting. I painted for a short time and then took lots of photos for inspiration.
This pastel was not done on site but in my studio a couple of days later from a photo reference. My plein air paintings don't always turn out but they help me later in my studio to paint from the photo references.Everything is still fresh in my mind and I have two forms of reference my photo and my painting I did in plein air which is so helpful because the photo doesn't tell everything.
I can't wait to go back there again and hopefully there will still be wildflowers blooming!

No comments:

Post a Comment