Friday, July 3, 2020

Day 1 and 2 of World Watercolor Month Challenge 2020


                                           Day 1                                                
   
Day 2

I have not posted on my blog for over two years! I have been busy on other social medium platforms like Instagram and Facebook. I decided to take a break from Facebook and start posting here on my blog again.
I am participating in World Watercolor Month 2020 and these two gouache paintings are day l and 2.
I have been painting in gouache lately and really enjoying it. I love the velvety mat finish, it reminds me a lot of my pastels but less messy!
Day 1 is an oak tree that grows next to my house and day 2 is the house finches that live in it. There are other birds that call the tree home at different times too, like Magpies, Crows, Scrubjays, Owls,  and of course I can't forget about the Acorn Woodpeckers that hide their acorn stash in the tree.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Lovely work Sherri :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Sheila! It's nice to get away from Facebook, I might just make it permanent.

      Delete